Calculate the modified internal rate of return.
- values () - Required, an array of Double values (must include at least one negative value and one positive value)
- finance_rate - Required, a Double (the cost of financing investments)
- reinvest_rate - Required, a Double (the interest rate received on reinvesting cash)
MIRR(values, finance_rate, reinvest_rate)
The MIRR function is used to calculate the modified internal rate of return for an investment. In this example, the values argument is A2:A7, the finance_rate argument is A8, and the reinvest_rate argument is A9. The MIRR function will return the modified internal rate of return for an investment in the assets in the range A2:A7.
The MIRR function is used to calculate the modified internal rate of return for a given series of periodic cash flows. It takes into account the cost of the investment and the interest received from reinvestment, while ignoring text, logical values, and empty cells in the arguments.
- The MIRR function calculates the modified internal rate of return for a series of cash flows by taking into account both the discount rate and the reinvestment rate for future cash flows and returning a calculated return as a percentage.
- The values argument of the MIRR function accepts an array or reference to cells containing cash flows and must have at least one positive value and one negative value.
- The finance_rate and reinvest_rate arguments are both required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the MIRR function?
The MIRR function is a function that calculates the modified internal rate of return for a series of periodic cash flows.
What does the MIRR function consider?
The MIRR function considers both the cost of the investment and the interest received on reinvestment of cash into the investment.
What does the MIRR function ignore?
MIRR ignores text, logical values, and empty cells.
What arguments does the MIRR function take?
The MIRR function takes an array or reference as its arguments.
What should the array or reference argument contain?
The array or reference argument must contain numbers representing a series of payments and income.